Melrose Technologies' Return Policy
* * PLEASE NOTE * *
All returns must be authorized. Packages and/or invoices that are included inside the package must be marked with the original invoice number of the order as well as the initials of the rep that authorized the return.
In addition, return packages must be trackable AND insured for the full amount of the item(s) being sent back, in the event of damage or loss from the shipping carrier. You will not receive the full amount of items being returned if package is damaged, lost in transit, or has contents missing.
Items may be returned for refund providing that they are in new, unused and unaltered condition.
Special orders (non-stocked items) and electrical items are non-returnable. Returned merchandise will also be subject to a restocking and/or handling fee. Customer pays any and all shipping costs back to point of origin.
Refunds will be processed only after receipt of returned items.
- We are located in the Eastern Time Zone. Shipping hours are from 8 AM - 3 PM EST at our warehouse. If your order is placed before 3 PM EST and you choose UPS as your preferred shipping service, your package should go out via UPS that same day; if your order was placed after 3 PM EST, your package will usually go out the next business day. Please note that this applies to all UPS services including UPS Ground, UPS Next Day Air, UPS Next Day Air Early, UPS Next Day Air Saver, UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS 2nd Day Air Saver and UPS Three Day Select. NO SATURDAY DELIVERIES UNLESS REQUESTED. Saturday Deliveries will have an added fee.
- We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. Please also note that the shipping rates for most of the items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound. However, some items are dimensional weight and are priced according to the carriers' published rates.
- Same day shipping for USPS orders may vary day to day depending on Postal Service pick-up. Typically, orders that are made going out via USPS should be placed before 11 AM EST in order for the package to be sent out the same day, otherwise the package may be picked up on the next business day.
- Estimated delivery dates and transit times are determined by the shipping providers and are NOT guaranteed by Melrose. Depending on the current state of either the USPS and UPS at the time of your order, these transit times are subject to change and could be delayed unexpectedly; Melrose is not responsible for delayed packages that were shipped the same day as order was received or requested, as proof of shipment processing is provided with a tracking number.
- We reserve the right to cancel any submitted order that totals equal or lower to $10.00 in parts. In any case that this may occur, you will be refunded based on the payment method you chose at checkout (PayPal or Credit Card).
- You may be held responsible for any and all additional charges if you do not enter your address that matches the UPS database properly upon ordering. UPS will charge additional shipping fees of $18.00 or more to your shipment if you do not enter your shipping details specific to your exact location (i.e. leaving out your suite #, apartment #, or any other identifier in a particular location where there are other businesses or residents.) We are not responsible for these charges if the error was done on your part when checking out online, and you may be contacted to reimburse our company these additional fees. In the case that you may contest these charges, further proof of the fees will be provided from UPS.
- If your order is close to 3 PM EST, please call to confirm shipment for critical items.
Special Order Items
Products that are specified as "special order" items in their listing descriptions are parts and equipment that are available to us from our factories but we do not currently stock in our own warehouse. These items can not be purchased off of our website through the online checkout, however, if you call or send us a message via our "Contact Us" page, we can check price and availability of the items for you and have them drop-shipped from the items' respective factories.
Prices of listings that are specified as "special order" items in their descriptions are subject to change, and availability is subject to factory stock as noted in their descriptions. Please note that some items we have listed may either be discontinued without notice from our suppliers, and/or be replaced by newer part numbers which can cause price changes different from what is shown on our webstore.
Purchaser agrees to indemnify the Company and hold it harmless from and against all claims, liability, loss, damage or expense, including reasonable counsel fees, arising from or by reason of any modifications or alterations made by the Purchaser. If a customer of the Company modifies or alters any part, in any manner whatsoever, or uses any part in departure from recommended performance specifications, said customer agrees to indemnify and hold the Company harmless from and against all liability and expenses based on damage to property or injury to or death of any person arising out of or attributable to such modified or altered part. Further, the Company will not accept any such modified or altered part for credit to a customer’s account.
In the event of a failure from parts purchased through Melrose, we can not be held liable for any defective items shipped directly from our warehouse or drop shipped from one of our factories. Defective or wrongly shipped items from our warehouse may only be replaced or refunded according to what is agreed upon between Melrose and the buyer. In addition, items defective from the factories by drop shipment are subject to inspection, and may be replaced directly by the factory themselves at no charge. In no case will we reimburse damage to vehicles or property, labor costs, or time lost as a result of a defective part breaking after installation.